Neverworld Grid

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/11/2019 6:02 am  #1

Waiting Station

I don't know how feasable this is but it's a cool idea. I noticed when you TP into Kitely you land at a waiting station while the region you wish to visit is being loaded. Then you are TPed there. That seems like a good way to take load off of a server. Perhaps Neverworld could do this as well seeing as how bogged down we are. Think about it: Regions with nobody on them aren't taking up server load. 

I personally wouldn't mind waiting a minute or so if my region comes up clean and newly restarted when I log in. Also I've visted regions in Neverworld that are running mass scripts. Why would such a place be running if nobody is there to see it? Shut down a region unless somebody is actually trying to visit it. Kitely's Waiting Station is a great idea.

Only my opinion. YMMV Not valid in Alaska or Hawaii

6/27/2019 3:21 pm  #2

Re: Waiting Station

The answer is not very feasible without a huge code re-write. It would also mean breaking from the OS updated code base as it comes out or doing constant merges with each update.

The kitely code is propriatary not ope source

6/30/2019 10:00 am  #3

Re: Waiting Station

One of the things I don't like about Kitley LOL.  We have discussed it in the past but I don't think it would work really well for us but there are other options for load balancing. 

"No matter where you go, there you are"

Board footera